Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NYR 2017 Offseason

NYR 2017 Offseason

Big shake up coming? Probably not, but there aren't many I'd be adamant about keeping. Just about anything should be an option.

Coaching staff - Yeah I didn't like the endless daily name calling and beating of the long expired horse, but this was inexcusable failure. And the PP has been crap forever.

Goalie - Hank has shown glimpses of his former self, but way too often he's mortal. If you can get something for him and he'll take the trade, you need to move. He's not going to be on the next cup contender.

Defense - Girardi, Staal, Klein take anything you can get, or buy them out or whatever it takes, they can't be on the next roster. McD, Skjei, Smith, Holden most likely stay. Need to find a top pair guy and another solid Smith type

Forwards - The "scorers" failed them completely. Zucc stays. Keep Vesey and Buchnevich. Lindberg and Fast stay unless needed to close a deal. Anyone else is fair game. Stepan must go.

Big changes have to come to many guys in a comfort zone on this team

Agree with mostly everything stated Tom......Unfortunately I would have to add the likes of JT, Kreids and Hayes as keepers. Those are the players that actually were good during the reg. season, without them.....We don't make the PO's.

But that's not the only reason.......They are more valuable to US, they're good players, not great. What would we get in return? Probably good.....Not great. Do we want draft picks or promising young players for them? I don't, as there are certainly no guarantees with the incoming unknowns........Right?

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ve8i88oyg...6jGkoJA_qMbTpa

Just COPY and PASTE below and follow directions in parenthesis

[VIDEO=youtube;(add funny #'s/letters here, then assuring there is a BRACKET after..... no parenthesis)]
    http://www.youtube.comv=(add funny #'s/letters here, no parenthesis)[/video

Also.....Don't forget to add ] at the end of [/video
    It works and easy when you get the hang of it!

Decent/Good (not great) regular season players who disappear in the playoffs aren't much use. As far as I'm concerned they are available in the right trade. I don't think you can have very many untouchables if you want to change and improve your team. I keep Vesey and Buch to give them more time. Vesey I thought was noticeable all series. Yes he didn't score a lot but the kid was working hard, not a ghost like the others.

Having slept on it I've come to s conclusion. While there are a lot of players to rip on and in the end are not good enough to win there is a fundamental problem that has to be addressed before any player movement can happen. Fact is this team was flawed but based on match ups they still should be playing. They are not mainly because of how those fundamentally flawed players were deployed. We've witnessed a half decade where there is no accountability demanded from the players. Worse we've witnessed a half decade where players who do perform or do live up to te moment don't get rewarded for their work. That is a toxic mix and one that is squarely on one man. I could also get into systems in which the Rangers really don't even play one at least not with any precision. But the most most alarming issue is the mix in where the players show up to work and the quality of their play is not the deciding factor in whether they dress or how much ice time they get. That is unforgivable.

So before getting into the obvious player movement of Stepan Girardi staal Klein and getting into wish lists for what needs to happen they have to fire AV. Gorton made a major mistake in giving him a new contract and it was brought up then. What was going to happen when AV again proved to be a major reason for the season ending prematurely? Well here we are.
    I said last night that I don't know if I can continue to support this loser organization. In a lot of ways I still feel that way. I cannot go into another year looking for another "kick at the can". They have proven not to be good enough and the years are wasting away. Sorry Hank but this team went all in for three straight years for you and AV to get you guys the cup we all crave. It happened and it didn't work out. Time to move on responsibly and the moves from here on out need to be made for another window years down the line.
    It starts with a new coach and for guys like Hank it maybe time to chase that cup elsewhere or finish your career here where the onus is on the future.
    Give me hope and I'll be back. Bring back this same old shit and quite honestly I maybe gone forever.

Interesting you say that. I quit Rangers from 1999-2004 & hockey. Jagr & the new NHL rules/approach brought me back. But, that was a different Rangers situation as we know, Maloney referred to as the abyss. And, hockey was impossible to watch. This is different, the Rangers are always good (since 2005), fun to watch, score goals now, young players, but just can't do it. Oh well, only 1 team wins.
    Coffee, Wine, Travel, & Hockey is my Life!
    "Cause An Uproar"
    Lzzy Hale, "Here Is To Us, Here Is To You, Raise A Glass"

I'm saying re up my season tickets. Second straight year 15-20% increase. Last row in building next year is $89. Up from $74 this year. What I'm saying is that I cannot continue to give them money for the status quo. I cannot go into another season with this coach. I can't. I can watch in tv but I cannot give them my hard earned money if they are that tone deaf. Big changes are needed. Blow it up and rebuild if that's what it takes. Just don't give me the same Hump core and the same shitty coach.

I figured this season was going to be the start of the rebuild, but Gorton really did an admirable job in bringing in some talent that we never saw coming. I think the only thing other than the obvious moving of the dead weight, is to get a real coach in here. I think we've all known for a while now that our coach was the real weak spot in our lineup and BOY, DID THAT EVER SHOW UP, HUH????

Well, now that we've seen our glaring weakness, we're going to have to eat his new 3 year deal, (thank god it doesn't count toward the cap) and make him a special assistant to the GM or some dumb ass title like that, but this guy is the problem. Keep in mind, Gorton inherited this douche bag as well. Yeah he extended him, but fortunately we have the ability to remove him and not cost the team valuable cap space by making him the highest paid equipment manager ever.

I'll be back again to root for my boys though. For me, it's who I am, and I'm with this team 100% since 1971. Even if they don't unload that ass wipe behind the bench I will still root for them. I will refrain from even referring to his name from this day forward because he is such a flaming asshole, but I'll be there when the puck drops next October.

Quote Originally Posted by FatFrancesa View Post
    I'm saying re up my season tickets. Second straight year 15-20% increase. Last row in building next year is $89. Up from $74 this year. What I'm saying is that I cannot continue to give them money for the status quo. I cannot go into another season with this coach. I can't. I can watch in tv but I cannot give them my hard earned money if they are that tone deaf. Big changes are needed. Blow it up and rebuild if that's what it takes. Just don't give me the same Hump core and the same shitty coach.
    Yeah FF, I hear you and thanks for your fandom. To think I complain about prices going up with direcTV and that I have to expand my "family package" so that I can see the games on NBCSN, CNBC etc. What a tease, but I suppose I cannot have it any other way. I will always love my Rangers.

[VIDEO=youtube;(add funny #'s/letters here, then assuring there is a BRACKET after..... no parenthesis)]

Quote Originally Posted by LeetchyMrRanger View Post
    Interesting you say that. I quit Rangers from 1999-2004 & hockey. Jagr & the new NHL rules/approach brought me back. But, that was a different Rangers situation as we know, Maloney referred to as the abyss. And, hockey was impossible to watch. This is different, the Rangers are always good (since 2005), fun to watch, score goals now, young players, but just can't do it. Oh well, only 1 team wins.
    That funny Leetchy......I too fell out of hockey during that period. It's a complete blank to my memory. No sooner they grabbed Jaromir from his discontent in Washington.....Was when I got sucked back in. We've rarely had the pleasure of that type of player and I just HAD TO get back to my Rangers. Thought I'd share that.