Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Playoffs (other games) Non-Rangers

I give this Ottawa team a LOT of credit & respect. They don't go away, they don't quit, they play hard nothing at all like the NY Stranger players. Go Ottawa, 4-0 in the 2nd, wow.
    Coffee, Wine, Travel, & Hockey is my Life!
    "Cause An Uproar"
    Lzzy Hale, "Here Is To Us, Here Is To You, Raise A Glass"

I think this is a combination of Ottawa being better than most people thought, and Pitts getting beat up by Washington. This was why I WAS hopefull about this year.

Get through Ottawa and we may face a beat up Pitts team thats not the same as last year. The Rangers had the best possible opportunity to get back to the SCF. But blew it. So far the Rangers have played Ottawa better than Pitts to my eyes. The Rangers had more offensive chances. Outshot them most games. Blah blah blah.

Crosby looks hurt, no letang. I think Shultz is hurt. Kessel is a little crazy. Malkin, I think, picks it up when Crosby's hurt, so shut him down and its looking good for Ottawa.

Quote Originally Posted by zman View Post
    I think this is a combination of Ottawa being better than most people thought, and Pitts getting beat up by Washington. This was why I WAS hopeful about this year.

Get through Ottawa and we may face a beat up Pitts team that's not the same as last year. The Rangers had the best possible opportunity to get back to the SCF. But blew it. So far the Rangers have played Ottawa better than Pitts to my eyes. The Rangers had more offensive chances. Outshot them most games. Blah blah blah.

Crosby looks hurt, no letang. I think Shultz is hurt. Kessel is a little crazy. Malkin, I think, picks it up when Crosby's hurt, so shut him down and its looking good for Ottawa.
    All of the above is very correct in my opinion, Zman...

Add in one more ABSOLUTE plus: They're coached PHENOMENALLY!!! ...not good....PHENOMENALLY!! This guy took a team that didn't have any success playing the way they were and FORMED THEM and TAUGHT THEM how to be a winner WITH WHAT THEY HAVE.

They play hard and they're not the greatest talents out there, but the system employed, added to the 100% effort and dedication to it has gotten this team to where they are now.

God Bless 'em and I hope they show the world what a super coach can do for a team! ..we've already seen what a bad one can do! Go Sens!

A big Senseless supporter here also. People in sports & fans don't often value hard work & a will to win too often. We tend to look @ talent 1st & foremost if not only. This team is all about hard work & a will to win. How far it takes them, we will see... But, they are a good story & I'm on their side all the way.
    Coffee, Wine, Travel, & Hockey is my Life!
    "Cause An Uproar"
    Lzzy Hale, "Here Is To Us, Here Is To You, Raise A Glass"

A GREAT watch from THE MAN himself:

Last edited by OZZY; 05-18-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Another blown lead last night. This time Anaheim with a 2 goal lead and game is tied under 40 seconds to go. Unlike some teams, ahem, the Ducks pulled the win out in OT...

But makes me wonder how many we've seen like that this year in the PO's. Its like a new trend. Not sure if its that 6-5 is not practiced, or that teams are offensively much better overall, or the crackdown on clutching and grabbing that having an affect in the last few minutes of a game. It's like you really can't let up on the gas even with 1 minute left But it's hard to do if the other team is pressing with the extra attacker.

Banned
    I wonder if they didn't realize the goalie was pulled?

Banned
    More like the Rangers aren't any more of a turtle team than anyone else. And shit happens

Quote Originally Posted by Tom13 View Post
    More like the Rangers aren't any more of a turtle team than anyone else. And shit happens
    I would not have thought this before but now I see the truth in that ^ statement. And yeah, @%it happens.

PIT hangs on to tie series 2-2.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    A GREAT watch from THE MAN himself:

Great video. I wish more fans understood the game behind the game. Messier spoke about it perfectly.