Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Season: As The Crow Flies...

2017 Season: As The Crow Flies...

Ok gang...I just wanted to make a thread that we can follow all season long. Lots of times you guys make great quotes or bring up great points in game day threads that get lost over the season, so I wanted to compile a thread where we can follow all season on the trials, tribulations and outright ass whoopin's like we watched last night against St Louis.

I'll start this off by bring up a few points, and I gotta start it off the right way:

I've been beating on Girardi for the last 3 years and I don't know what it is this year, but he looks like he's playing pretty damn good! He's not exactly the most fleet of foot anymore but hey, the guy is well into his 30's now. He's been in position, and made the plays he's had to. That works for me! Keep it up and I'm happy with that.

The rest of this squad?? Good Christ!! We looked better than the Russian Red Army of the late 70's out there!!! I actually giggle my ass off watching these guys!! They are so much fun to watch, and every game there's a new line or hero!

Vesey has been MAGNIFICENT to say the least!

I can go on for days right now! I'll leave the rest for you guys to add to the pot, but lets try and keep this post to commentary that moves along as the season progresses, and keep the pictures out of the mix. You guys are very astute when it comes to hockey and especially our Rangers, so I am curious to see your posts, comments, suggestions and feedback on what is and what can be as we progress through what is looking like it could be a magical run.

Ozzy

Magical run is good. Staal has been my only worry, but he has been ok. His stick work makes up for the slow feet sometimes. Girardi has not disappointed as we all feared, if anything, he's been a plus. Must see how we respond to a very physical and bruising night from an opponent aiming to beat us with fists. I think speed and scoring trumps physicality in today's game.

We've handled some pretty good teams fairly well so far. Washington, TB, LA and St Louis are no slouches at all. We held St Lou to no shots in the 3rd and pummeled them at home. We beat Washington in their own building and the kids are just buzzing out there. So far so good. I am curious to see how we fare against McDavid and a youthful Edmonton team tonight, and also when we play Pittsburgh eventually.

I keep finding myself eyeballing the playoffs!!

..and I thought this "rebuild" was going to take 2-4 years!!

In my eyes, we're one "STALL" (for you, Larry) trade away from being a Cup Favorite

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    We've handled some pretty good teams fairly well so far. Washington, TB, LA and St Louis are no slouches at all. We held St Lou to no shots in the 3rd and pummeled them at home. We beat Washington in their own building and the kids are just buzzing out there. So far so good. I am curious to see how we fare against McDavid and a youthful Edmonton team tonight, and also when we play Pittsburgh eventually.

I keep finding myself eyeballing the playoffs!!

..and I thought this "rebuild" was going to take 2-4 years!!

In my eyes, we're one "STALL" (for you, Larry) trade away from being a Cup Favorite
    Girardi has been thus far as good as can be expected. He's been fine. Not sure if that has more to do with the Rangers keeping their opponents constantly on their heels or what but he's been fine. Making the playoffs is obviously always the first hurtle, then it's about how to build a team for a sustainable playoff run. The Rangers have the unfortunate burden of having to play in the Metro division. Getting out of the Metro bracket will be the toughest gauntlet in the playoffs. Washington, Pittsburgh, and the Rangers maybe the top 3 teams in the league when all is said and done. So with that in mind how do the Rangers stack up to those two teams in a 7 game series?

Thanks for the mention Oz, and a good idea for a thread. It does bother me that our gdt's leave TONS to be desired. No one makes the effort to put up a good one, then when one arises......no one acknowledges it. 20 posts in a gdt? Thats very weak. True, some want to watch the game intently (as do I) but certainly there is time to comment here or there. Again, very weak.

So, in retrospect......this is a great idea to mention some of the things that you might want to say during the game, but dont "have time" or "dont make the effort".

I may be wrong but this website thrived better when the Rangers sucked and people would be here to "complain", shouldnt it be the other way around? Plenty to banter about. LGR's!

Larry, I think all of us who still post here appreciate the GDT starters. Let's acknowledge all once and for all - Thank you! from everyone.

We're on a roll. Let's enjoy the ride. I don't want poor play and 'problems' to be the incentive for posting. Sometimes, people are traveling or away from their computer so posting is a challenge. At least that's my excuse from time to time.

It's all good. Let's keep enjoying the Ws and the company of the few of us left here. Guessing that the damage done (to this board) over the past couple of years will take a while to heal before we see people return to the fold. That and a winning team that remains competitive and entertaining that's all we can ask for.

LGR!

Banned
    Sometimes people can't see the forest for the trees. Insults and the like, on a regular basis, un like WBB, don't fly on most forums.

Quote Originally Posted by nafyekcohryn View Post
    Sometimes people can't see the forest for the trees. Insults and the like, on a regular basis, un like WBB, don't fly on most forums.
    If you're going to start in again it will lead to the same nonsense. Why not just participate and discuss the play of the team like everyone else.

All lets keep it civil and keep to the topic "The Rangers"

Exactly.