Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '94 Cup Run

'94 Cup Run

Well gang, we're in the heat of summer and there isn't a patch of ice to be found. Plenty of ice in our summer drinks though, but that is for another thread. It's time to break out the '94 Cup DVD box set and watch it all over again.

Last summer Ranger-Hank and I watched several of the games but we jumped around a bit. Tonight, We started Game 1 versus a 22 year-old named Marty and it's 1-1 at the end of the first period (Zubov goal.) Lots of clutch and grabbing going on and the Ref (Bill McCreary) was more of a spectator - he called no penalties at all so far. Wow! In today's NHL there would have been 15 minors already. One part I forgot about - the crowd already chanting M-A-R-T-Y. LOL!

Just wondering if anyone else watches the '94 series over the summers?
    Last edited by 4EverRangerFrank; 07-13-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Well gang, we're in the heat of summer and there isn't a patch of ice to be found. Plenty of ice in our summer drinks though, but that is for another thread. It's time to break out the '94 Cup DVD box set and watch it all over again.

Last summer Ranger-Hank and I watched several of the games but we jumped around a bit. Tonight, We started Game 1 versus a 22 year-old named Marty and it's 1-1 at the end of the first period (Zubov goal.) Lots of clutch and grabbing going on and the Ref (Bill McCreary) was more of a spectator - he called no penalties at all so far. Wow! In today's NHL there would have been 15 minors already. One part I forgot about - the crowd already chanting M-A-R-T-Y. LOL!

Just wondering if anyone else watches the '94 series over the summers?
    Its definetly fun to watch the 1994 Cup win. Its worth watching just for fun!!
    I Bleed Blue!

Lebowski Junior Member LovetheRangers's Avatar
    We need some new highlight videos to watch. 94 is getting played out.

^I'd much rather be watching the '14 Cup DVD.

Rangers Fans Are ANIMALS! Dr. Digital's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LovetheRangers View Post
    Up until the Kings series, we had highlights galore last season.

NHL Network, as usual, is re-broadcasting all of last season's Stanley Cup playoffs: if you get that channel, check it out. I'm going to torture myself and watch the Sharks epic fail again: up 3-0 in the series; lose 4-3.
    "The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by LovetheRangers View Post
    Yes and having to listen to Al Trautwig in between makes it even worse. Watching '94' is like watching old bugs bunny cartoons we need something new.

Banned
    Hard to believe it was 20 years ago...

I have not watched '94 in a while....quite a while, actually. WOW! The hooking, hacking and interference on every rush is just unreal. The game has really changed in many ways...and without such nonsense it is much better IMHO.

Rangers Fans Are ANIMALS! Dr. Digital's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    I have not watched '94 in a while....quite a while, actually. WOW! The hooking, hacking and interference on every rush is just unreal. The game has really changed in many ways...and without such nonsense it is much better IMHO.
    NHL network showed their program about the '94 Rangers, and I noticed that difference right away.

I was also struck by how "white' the ice and boards appear. Massive ads were not yet omnipresent.
    "The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." Vince Lombardi

Actually, I'd kind of like to see the games from this year's playoffs, especially from the Pit series. I accidentally erased them from my DVR.